November 03, 2015

Review: Unblocked #4&5 by Marni Mann


Title: Unblocked Episode 4&5
Author: Marni Mann
Series: Timber Towers Series
Genre: erotica, contemporary romance
#4

Derek Block is ready to fight.
Frankie Jordan must make a decision.
Their pasts are demanding attention.
Confessing their truth may not be enough.
But can their intense passion sustain them?
This is Episode Four of the five-episode Timber Towers novella series.

#5

Derek Block needs to protect those he cares about.
Frankie Jordan fears the loss of those she loves.
Darkness drives them.
But could it drive them apart?
This is Episode Five, the final Episode in the Timber Towers Series.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






FLO'S REVIEW


Unblocked - Episode Four & Five by Marni Mann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 **flannel loving** STARS


“I want to keep you here. Tie you to my headboard with that flannel you just took off me and keep you captive with my tongue.”


This is a review for book 4 and 5 in the Unblocked series.

I have to confess I was a bit worried how the last two books would work out for me. I read the first three Unblocked instalments quite a while ago and I very vaguely remembered what had happened before. I had visions of red flannel and smoking hot sex in my mind and fortunately the rest came back to me once I started reading.

About Episode #4:

This is the second to last instalment in the series and I guess it’s fair to say it was a bit of a filler.

Derek discovered what happened between his sister and Reed, and what Frankie has to do with it. A shock to say the least. Frankie on the other hand has finally managed to secure the division her father has always promised her. But it comes with a price. Full dedication to the job, being the tough business woman her father wants her to be, or continue the hot and heavy affair with Derek that has long since turned into something much more.

And then there were those questions I needed answers to...

Who is Randy? Why does Derek want to destroy him? What has Hayden to do with it? How much of a problem is Reed going to be?

Some were answered. Some answers brought even more questions with them. All in all, a short and smoking hot one, that sets the stage for the last book and the grand finale.


“I love the way sex looks on you.”


So without further ado...all about Episode #5, the final instalment:

Of course everything is solved this time around. All open questions get an answer and Frankie and Derek live happily ever after, but not without a bit of heartbreak and suspense.

The thing about this series is, well… it leans rather heavily on the erotica side. Frankie and Derek are super busy between the sheets. But that doesn't mean there is no plot. Over the course of 5 parts Ms. Mann managed to wove in some intrigue and gave just enough answers and even more riddles to keep me coming back. It also didn’t hurt that Mr. Block is one of the most delicious heroes with a flannel and beard. Gotta love a man like that. And in combination with a straight laced business woman and a little kink on the side it was a really nice ride.

On top of that they turned into a real couple during this last part. There are a few obstacles to overcome and they bring them together in a much deeper and caring way.

I guess my only complaint would be the somewhat anti-climatic solution to the problem *cough*Randy*cough*. Maybe that’s just me reading way too dark and twisted books all the time, but it felt rather easy in its conclusion. I was expecting more angst and mayhem, maybe.

But mind you, I’m not complaining because Frankie and Derek doing their dirty dance is reason enough to read the books.

What’s left to say? As a whole the Unblocked series (or Timber Towers series, I always get that wrong) is a nice addition to your reading shelf. A scorching hot couple, excellent side characters, fan-freaking-tastic banter - especially in the first books and oh so very hot shenanigans. The writing is wonderful and I seriously love Derek Block. Enough said.

Definitely going to watch out for more Marni Mann books. ;D














Books by Marni Mann we have read before:

(click cover for amazon link - reviews below)


★4 Stars★ ★4.5 Stars★ ★5 Stars★
pic name pic name pic name
Flo's Review Flo's Review Flo's Review



No comments

Post a Comment

+up