November 01, 2015

Review: Transparent (Luminous #2) by Erin Noelle


Title:Transparent
Author: Erin Noelle
Series: Luminous #2
Genre: new adult, contemporary romance
Her elusive past didn’t worry me,

Her heartbreaking scars never made me cringe,

And her haunting demons only made me a stronger man.

But the day Blake Martin was stolen from me,

I was scared to death.

Prepared to do anything necessary to get her back,

Little did I know it just might cost me my life.

My name is Madden Decker, and this is my story.



Amazon US | Amazon UK





FLO'S REVIEW


Transparent by Erin Noelle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 STARS


”To the end of the earth, sweet girl,” I reply inhaling her intoxicating scent. “I'd follow you anywhere. I love you more than life itself.”


Well hello there. I forgot all about Blake and Madden and here comes the sequel. Nice surprise, and as it turns out it was a great conclusion for their story.

I read the first book Translucent last year and I was almost afraid I would need to go back and re-read book one, but fear not the author has us covered. There actually is a summary in the beginning that tells you the plot of the whole first book. Much needed refresher. So, book 1 ended on a huge cliffhanger and book 2 picks up right where we've been hanging so patiently for the last year.

Long story short. Blake's past catches up with her. There are a lot of nefarious people involved. The russian mob. The italian mob. And Blake, 'the american princess' is right in the middle, part pawn - part damsel in distress. And Madden tries to find her and if possible save her. Not an easy task, but he has some unexpected help.


Funny thing. For the longest time I was convinced this wasn't the way I wanted their story to end. And then the last 20% happened and honestly I'm completely sold. Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent book right from the start. There is action, angst, a lot of suspense and of course good writing by MS. Noelle. But when you look at it as the sequel to Translucent and as the last book in a duet it felt rushed and for me personally it was missing something...that is until right up at the end when everything came together quite beautifully.

My biggest issue was that the hero and the heroine had very little interaction for the better part of this instalment. In fact, Blake spends most of her time with Raze. Who is he, you might ask and you wouldn't be wrong. He came out of nowhere and stole the show. Russian mobster with a conscience. Really the most interesting character around.

Yes, Raze was probably the best part about this book for me, but his presence turned the series into a something of an unexpected love triangle - without really going there and then it all takes a turn anyway. I'm sorry this is probably confusing, but without giving too much away I just have to vent a little. ;) And yes, I was confused myself and a bit worried there for a minute.

Again, up until the end I had no idea how to rate this book. Ultimately I think 3.5 stars is a good rating for a short read. Overall an enjoyable conclusion. And the ending had me a bit weepy, not going to lie.

That's all I have to say right now.












Books by Erin Noelle we read before:


(click cover for amazon link - reviews below)


★4 Stars★
pic name
Flo's Review

No comments

Post a Comment

+up