December 03, 2014

Review: Reflected in You by Sylvia Day


Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...











Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

You know what's coming...

New rating after my re-read Nov 2014 with my girls Jasmine, Supreet and Eda

Again, from a 4 to a 2 STAR rating. I don't know what happened. And this time around I really don’t understand how I ever decided to give this book 4 Stars. Absolutely bonkers on my part.

Here is the deal:
There is almost no point to this book. As far as fillers go, this was a snoozzzzzzzz fest. Eva and Gideon where all over the place with their relationship...honestly, hot and cold doesn't even begin to describe it. At one point today I told my girls that I want to shoot myself. Not even skimming over the bad parts helped...not that there were any good ones.

I was so angry and pissed off for the most part and the rest of the time I was bored out of my mind...Someone forgot to bring the plot.

One redeeming quality: The last 10%. Finally some of the secrets and all the things that went on behind the scenes get some closure, but not enough for me to actually like this book.


...one more to go before the new one. I don't even know why I'm doing this to myself anymore.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up