December 02, 2014

Review: Bared to You by Sylvia Day


Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.














Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


Bared to You by Sylvia Day
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

New rating after my re-read Nov 2014 with my girls Jasmine, Supreet and Eda

There used to be 4 stars up there, but I can't let that stand the second time around. Honestly, and we have talked about this within out little BR, no idea why I loved this book so much before.


First of all...I remembered next to nothing about this. Hell, I didn't even know the heroin’s name...it's Eva, btw. But that's just semantics. I really didn't enjoy this story.

The writing is alright, plot development is ok and the sex was amazing. Actually the sex was the only redeeming quality here. But the problem is the content - story beyond the horizontal dance. Too many clichés, ridiculous timing, nutty characters, creepy behaviour and not to mention all the drama.

I'm going to re-read the other two books and yes, I'm going to read #4 and eventually #5...if that ever comes out, but damn girl...that's torture!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up