December 30, 2014

Review: The Angel by Tiffany Reisz (update after re-read)



No safe word can protect the heart.

Infamous erotica author and accomplished dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. While her longtime lover, Søren—whose fetishes, if exposed, would be his ruin—is under scrutiny pending a major promotion, Nora's lying low and away from temptation in the lap of luxury.
Her host, the wealthy and uninhibited Griffin Fiske, is thrilled to have Nora stay at his country estate, especially once he meets her traveling companion. Young, inexperienced and angelically beautiful, Michael has become Nora's protégé, and this summer with Griffin is going to be his training, where the hazing never ends.

But while her flesh is willing, Nora's mind is wandering. To thoughts of Søren, her master, under investigation by a journalist with an ax to grind. And to another man from Nora's past, whose hold on her is less bruising, but whose secrets are no less painful. It's a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts.









MY REVIEW




The Angel by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

6 hilariously kinky STARS!



“Hey, bad girl,” came the deep, sexy voice of The Griffin himself. “Can’t believe the Pope let you out of the Vatican.”


**Buddy-Re-Read December 2014 with my girls Jasmine, Supreet and Eda...well sort of...for some reason we got a little lost and read it at different paces. Uppps. Anyway, I tweaked my original review a little, added some graphics and thoughts. Enjoy. ;D


“Come on in. Let's get this orgy started.”


And we have the winner for this month’s stay up all night and read until your eyes cross contest. I can’t put this series down and I damn well don’t want to.
In my opinion you have to be fairly open minded to read these books, even by erotica and dark read standards. (**little sidenote after the re-read...I think I read a few more dark reads since I first wrote this...it's not that shocking in hindsight. LOL) But once you commit to the characters and the world they live in there is no going back. I’m certain I will never pick up a BDSM book and read it without comparing it with a Tiffany Reisz book. (**now that on the other hand is spot on)

As it turns out there is a difference between SSC and RACK. ;)

Besides being very naughty, well written and addictive, The Angel was also very educational and insightful. A lot of the unanswered questions from The Siren and some huge gaps in the timeline get filled in and man is that some story telling. Tiffany Reisz sure knows what she’s doing.

“Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been…”


One of my first concerns was what happened with Zach and do we see him again. I have to confess my priorities can be a bit controversial, but that’s just how I live my life. So, to appease all minds...we get some -very little but still- Zach. That alone in my book deserves 6 Stars. As I said, warped priorities.



“No safe word can protect the heart.”


To the story. The Angel picks up where The Siren ends...well, just one minor thing, a year has passed. Nora is finally back with the sadistic blond hunk of a man. No complains there.

Wes is somewhere else. Major plus! I like Wes well enough but I don’t like him enough to care what happens to him either way.

Clue in a possible promotion for our favourite priest, a nosy reporter who by the way made me nervous like no one else in this book and a little Angel in search for love and acceptance. And of course Griffin, Nora and Michael penned up in a mansion over the summer. Recipe for a masterpiece.

And I'm doing happy dances around the house...



”I’ve hurt people. I’ve hurt them badly. I’ve left permanentscars on some clients. Some outer scars. Some inner. But allthat pain I’ve inflicted…it was all consensual. I’ve never hurt anyone without their permission. All I’m saying, Ms. Kanter, is…” Sutherlin leaned forward and pressed the lightest, softest, most terrifying kiss onto Suzanne’s lips before pulling back an inch and whispering, “There’s a first time for everything.”


Nora continues to be the strongest and most fearless book heroine I’ve seen in a long time. The way she plays with all of the chess pieces (aka the men in her life) and as seen above some of the women, is downright enviable.


King is still such an enigma here. A few glimpses here and there, but nothing concrete. You just get the feeling that he will be just as amazing a character as Søren is.

Speaking of our favourite priest. We get a far better understanding about him in this second book. Quite a few questions about his upbringing and past are addressed. Some of it is quite shocking and heartbreaking, but one thing is for sure, he truly deserves his larger than life reputation. ;D



Michael and Griffin. *sighs*
“I’m so in love with him I can’t even think straight. Which is fine since obviously I’m not straight. And neither is he.”


What a wonderful little story and all kinds of yummy too. Oh, Ms. Reisz!
Michael is such a precious little thing and thank god jailbait is finally legal...for the squeemish among you. ;P

Griffin is the most beautiful character. He is wild and funny and just as unappoligetic as dear Nora.

Nothing else needs to be said. Well...ok, maybe this needs to be mentioned:


“There’s something wrong with your back” …“There is?”Griffin grinned at him. “My welts aren’t on it.”


And then there is the Butler of course. Never forget the Butler...he is hilarious.

Thank you for your time. On to the next one.

**and the re-read continues ;D


No comments

Post a Comment

+up