September 24, 2014

Review: Incandescent by River Savage


Phoenix ‘Nix’ Knight thought pulling his club out of the illegal shit his Pops got them into was difficult.

Until he meets Kadence.

Kadence Turner has no business lusting over a student’s father, especially the president of the Knights Rebels MC. Nix is crass, obnoxious and dangerously sexy and for some reason, Kadence can’t seem to hate him for it. The bossy biker breaks down her defenses, but unlike the old Kadence, the woman she is today won’t give in without a fight.

The tension is undeniable, the attraction fierce. A man that wants what he wants and a woman that will fight him every step of the way.









MY REVIEW


Incandescent by River Savage
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I'm still in shock how good this was STARS



Incandescent was the most surprising biker book I've read so far. I've gone through quite a few in the last year and to be honest...they all feel the same after a while.
I really can't help but to go in with little to no expectations and when something sticks all of the sudden it is the best feeling in the world.
I would label this one as a pleasant surprise .

I first read Incandescent back in August, but during my most recent book funk I decided to re-read it and it was still awesome and it made me want to write a review after all.





The Knights Rebels MC is not like most motorcycle clubs and I was initially a bit put off by their clean and lawful ways, but in the end I fell in love anyway. You really can't help it and neither could Kadence.

Kadence Turner is a school teacher with a troubled past, a healthy attitude and a heart of gold. We first meet her when she is forced to invite the parents of two students who got in a fight during her class.

”I’ve know the man for all of five minutes and I can honestly say he infuriates me. Infuriates me and makes me think of things I shouldn’t be thinking about, especially about a student’s dad.”


Turns out one of the dads is the sinfully sexy Phoenix ‘Nix’ Knight; divorced dad, hot as hell, badass biker and president of the Knights Rebels MC.

There is instant 'something' between these two. They both are visually pleasing for one another and their clashing personalities just put the icing on the cake. Kadence is a little spitfire who doesn't take shit from anyone and most certainly not from a biker who thinks he owns the town and everything in it. And Nix, well first and foremost he is just floored by the sexy little teacher with the attitude and the fuck me heels.

”I don’t know what I’m going to do with this women, but whatever it is, I’m sure as hell going to enjoy finding out.”


But other than that, he is a good man, a wonderful and caring father and he is the definition of alpha-male. He sees something he wants...he takes it. What's not to like, right?

”Tell me, Kadence, if I stuck my hand down these tight-as-sin jeans,” his finger trails along the tops of my pants, “and touched your pussy, would you be wet for me?”


What follows is so fun and sweet, I don't want to spoil anything, but they cross paths again and again and there might be a bit of bullying going on... on Nix's part, but what's a desperate man to do when he wants into some tight little pants. Kadence really has no chance at all. LOL.


That's not to say that everything is sunshine and daisies. There are outside forces and some ghosts from the past who stir up some drama and even a good amount of danger, but it is all very well woven together and plausible.

I really love this book. The writing is good, the pacing is just perfect, the characters are very well rounded and the chemistry between the two leads is almost palpable.

Incandescent is a book about family, sacrifice and love. If you want to read a sweet, sexy and moving book about a biker and his family...you should most definitely pick this one up. I guess you could say it's a bit of a feel good read for me.

”You bossed me into dating you. Fucked me good, and then you wouldn't leave me alone. Now you're stuck with me.”

Can't wait to see what happens in Sy's book. Is it November yet?

No comments

Post a Comment

+up