September 21, 2014

Review: Dare to Resist by Laura Kaye



Trapped and tempted, this battle of wills rages all night long…

Kady Dresco and Colton Brooks click on a level that defies logic. There are only two problems. One, he’s her older brother’s irritating best friend, and two, they're bidding on the same military security services contract.

When the competition heats up, Colton is torn between wanting to strangle Kady (and her annoying brilliance) and kissing her into submission. Which is a bad idea for a million reasons, because Kady’s submission is exactly what he craves. Being trapped in a tiny motel room with the object of his darkest fantasies will require every ounce of his restraint.

Kady doesn’t want his restraint, but Colton knows better. She deserves love, marriage, and a white picket fence—three things Colton can’t give her. But her proximity and the memory of their steamy near-miss three years ago slowly destroys his resolve. And he’s not sure how much longer he can keep his hands off…or his heart closed.







MY REVIEW


Dare to Resist by Laura Kaye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 can I get more of this STARS


“The guy in your book? I’m that guy.”

Here is a sentence I've been waiting my whole life to hear. Seriously. I am in a happy and stable relationship but I would lie if I said I wouldn't fall for that one. LOL. And I'm sure you my dear friends and followers, as avid romance and erotica readers (and I assume that is what you are...otherwise what the fuck are you doing here reading this), can appreciate just how bloody brilliant that quote is.



So, I think I found my favourite romance cliché...being trapped in a hotel room with the man of your dreams and no escape. All kinds of yummy things can happen in small spaces and bad weather. To say I liked this book is the understatement of the century...I actually already re-read it. Mmmmmmh. It was that kind of awesome for me. Yup.

So, back to Kady and Colton. They happen to be competing for this super awesome military security services contract, and as the god of book plot twists demands they find themselves trapped by bad weather in a shitty hotel room in the middle of nowhere and there isn't really anything to do; except maybe witty banter, dealing with some long lasting issues, fighting their insane chemistry and while they're at it maybe they have time to reconsider the role of kink in their lives.

I'm sold!

But let's rewind a little, shall we?

“She couldn’t actually think of a time when Colton Brooks hadn’t owned a little piece of her heart.”

Kady Dresco has had a thing for Colton Brooks for a long time now. He is not only insanely attractive, but also kind of nerdy, just like her and then there was this little incident three years ago. A hot and heavy encounter ended with a very satisfied Kady, which is something of novelty. Usually men don't manage to get her off and as luck would have it the one that manages is complicated and kind of off limits and he pretty much ran away after. Ugh. Girlfriend has bad karma or something.
"White undershirt. Dark-framed glasses. Sneak peeks at black boxers. Really? How much more was a girl supposed to be able to take before she either spontaneously combusted or found a shower with a removable showerhead?"

Problem is, Mister Orgasm is her brother’s best friend, he has a tendency to pull away and it turns out Colton believes he isn't good enough for the girl and on top of that he has some interesting sexual preferences, and he is certain Kady would never submit to the kinds of things he likes.

Aren't they just lucky for missing their plane and being stuck after their presentations were finished? So much time to deal with...stuff. Recipe for awesomeness.

“Since he couldn't give in to what he really wanted from Kady Dresco, he picked on her and snarked at her and generally gave her grief. And she gave it right back. Sometimes he thought they were engaged in one long round of mental foreplay.”

If you want to find out how a little book changes everything between them, you have to pick this one up!!

Dare to Resist was an all around satisfying read for me. It was my first read by Laura Kaye and I most certainly want to see more after this one. I loved the writing, the pace and the characters, even though it was a short read. And don't even get me started on the sexy times. :D

Give me more! *grabby hands*

No comments

Post a Comment

+up